Sunday, December 11, 2011

Being a Blessing

A month or so ago, I made an important decision. I decided that mourning the state of my life and circumstances was illogical and stupid; it only made me feel sad, despondent, depressed, angry, and sorry for myself. It gave me permission to hide and pretend that I was not a powerful being with great potential; something I have stated about people for quite some time now, but I guess I never really believed it. I finally decided that I was blessed. My life and circumstances are completely different from everyone else and yet I have the means to help others. I decided that rather than mourning about my circumstances, I would recognize the blessing and then pass those blessings onto others. In short, I decided that I would be a blessing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment