Thursday, July 9, 2009

Things I Believe In

A month or so ago I was asked to write out 2o things I believe in. I thought this would be difficult, turns out, once I got started I had more than 20.

  1. My purpose in life is to constantly reach for the attainment of all the potential God created me with.
  2. I was put on this earth to be a good steward, to mess with it as little as possible.
  3. If you find yourself judging someone, ask to see them in a different light, you might actually understand where they are coming from, if you listen.
  4. If someone makes you mad examine this because, more than likely, you possess the same trait only you don't want to admit it.
  5. I love being a parent because it makes me want to be a better person.
  6. Our children are mirrors of us, good and bad.
  7. These mirrors are calls to change.
  8. My role as a parent, is to facilitate the growth of my child by creating the most conducive environment for exploration and learning.
  9. Part of this means self examination, is there anything I am doing that stands between my child and the reaching her potential?
  10. I SIMPLY CANNOT RELATE TO MY LIFE BEFORE BECOMING A PARENT!
  11. Everything happens for a reason, there are lessons hidden in everything if you are seeking to grow.
  12. Using the word "accident" indicates that you were merely a victim of circumstance and had no control over the outcome.
  13. Accountability, Self Control, Self Discipline, and Organization are the keys to finding success in every undertaking in our life.
  14. In trying to be a better person, I often feel I am escaping from a muddy pit.
  15. Worry gets us no where.
  16. Progress can be difficult to ascertain sometimes.
  17. Ignorance can kill, what you don't know can hurt you.
  18. Questioning the beliefs you hold can be very illuminating.
  19. You don't know what you have until it isn't there.
  20. If you are not growing you are dying.
  21. Everyone has a voice, but few people take the time to speak, and fewer still take the time to listen.
  22. Everyone has a piece of the truth if we are willing to get over ourselves long enough to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment