Saturday, July 11, 2009

Healing As A Process

At the beginning of 2008 I was beginning a phase of major healing and renovation of my personal, physical, mental, and spiritual life. I looked at the road that lay ahead and thought, "wow, this road seems so long, I am afraid I will be ugly until I reach the end." I then realized that the destination of this road was ultimate, complete and total healing, not of one aspect but of all aspects of my life. Like any road there are pit stops along the way, places to rest and recuperate in preparation for the next leg of the journey. Healing is a process, not a get well quick scheme.

But if it was a process why did it have to be so slow, why couldn't healing occur instantaneously? I then realized that, in thinking about it, you allow changes to happen gradually in your life, to ultimately assimilate this new picture of you. Our view of our self will not support sudden life changing, earth shattering changes, because we will still view ourselves as sick. It is not that healing cannot occur instantaneously, but our thoughts need time to come into alignment with this new way of existence.

The other reason for the process has to do with the idea that how you do anything is how you do everything. Therefore any positive changes made in one area will inevitably affect you in other areas. The converse is true as well, negative changes will affect you negatively in other areas. So by making positive changes in one area, that then affects other areas. Pretty soon I will be exactly where I need to be, pursuing my purpose, doing all that I am capable of, and complete and total health will reign in my body. This cannot happen until all things have been addressed, things that have many facets. Many things are buried deep and need to be unearthed. I have to be willing to take complete responsibility for my life and these things. This is the path to realization as a Child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment